At DEFTEC, our mission and focus culminates with the crucial idea that our work makes a difference in mission survivability. Protecting our warfighters is the very center of EVERYTHING we do. It is a sobering – and gratifying – mission that we embrace.
DEFTEC is a small business with a serious attitude toward our mission; however, we are small enough that our corporate culture holds family at its epicenter. We encourage our team members to push the envelope of creativity and innovation. While we are proud to employ retired and separated members of our Armed Forces, we also enjoy a robust set of backgrounds from the commercial and academic worlds.
Contact us to learn why we’re not your typical DoD contractor and why we offer “careers that matter.”
Current Open Positions
Test and Evaluation Specialist
The position is in Crystal City, Virginia supporting the Joint Improvised-Threat Defeat Organization (JIDO). JIDO counters the threat of improvised devices by rapidly acquiring and providing counter-improvised threat equipment, technologies, and systems to the warfighter and develops and delivers counter-improvised threat capabilities within three to twenty-four months. Applicant will provide support to the JIDO DM8/Acquisition and Evaluation Division on all aspects of developmental test and evaluation of material solutions throughout the time it is assigned to JIDO. The position requires applicant to possess an active TS/SCI Security Clearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Obtain information on all Counter Improvised Threat Device testing by the Joint Improvised-Threat Defeat Organization (JIDO), the military departments, private industry, academia, and other government organizations.
- Compile test findings and recommendations into evaluation reports.
- Participate in and support test protocol, CREW, air-to-ground and other working groups as requested.
- Ensure tests are conducted IAW JIDO DM8 (Formerly JIDO J8) test protocols, posting test results to the JIDO DM8 website
- Coordinate the release of documents, test data, and relevant information to coalition partners.
- Maintain liaison with United States Army Developmental Testing and Evaluation (DT&E) counterparts and other service counterparts, as directed.
- Inform JIDO AED leadership of any unresolved test plan issues.
- Review, evaluate, and remediate initiatives testing and test plans.
- Provide weekly activity status reports to the task lead.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works well independently or as part of a group
- Ability to research technical issues
- Ability to identify problems, communicate them to supervisor, and propose solutions
- Ability to manage time & resources
- Ability to write reports to present to management
- Ability to delegate implementation plans to subordinate members of group
- Contact with the customer/provide customer support (may be internal or external customer)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective communicator
- Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited college or university in Science or Engineering. Acceptable Engineering disciplines include Aerospace, Chemical, Electrical, Materials, Mechanical and Systems. Acceptable Science disciplines include Chemistry, Materials, Mathematics and Physics. Bachelor’s Degrees in other disciplines may be considered in concert with exceptional general experience.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Science or Engineering. Acceptable Engineering disciplines include Aerospace, Chemical, Electrical, Materials, Mechanical and Systems. Acceptable Science disciplines include Chemistry, Materials, Mathematics and Physics. Bachelor’s Degrees in other disciplines may be considered in concert with exceptional general experience.
Years ILO experience: 9-12 years’ experience in Test and Evaluation position
Supervisory Tasks: N/A
Physical / Special Requirements
- TS/SCI is required
- Requires six (6) years’ experience in DoD acquisition and/or system test and evaluation
- Requires two (2) years’ demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: Joint and Multinational command structure; continuous evaluation, DoD acquisition processes and standards, Rapid Acquisition, Electronic Attack, test planning and coordination, data analysis.
- Preferred experience coordinating test & evaluation of developmental and demonstration programs in a DoD organization with rapid acquisition authority in direct support of combatant commands; alternative equivalent specialized field testing experience may be considered for exceptionally qualified individuals. Experience should include coordinating test & evaluation related to rapid acquisition and Initiative Test Plans. Demonstrated experience of Joint Improvised-Threat Defeat Organization processes, procedures and mission; JIDO continuous evaluation and DoD rapid acquisition Test & Evaluation procedures, processes, standards and report generation.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers with experience using Microsoft Office Suite and web based applications.